OVR Rental Agreement
Last updated: May 30th, 2023
The terms of our Rental Agreement is provided below and is intended to help you enjoy a safe, reliable and convenient booking.
By booking this home, you are agreeing to these terms:
• In order to book this property, you must be over 25 years old.
• Noise levels must be kept strictly under 60 dBA during the day. Music and/or excessive noise outdoors (i.e., yelling, noise amplification, musical instruments, animal barking etc) must be kept to a respectful minimum at all times. Outdoor Music is not permitted after 9PM. Guests must be mindful of their noise levels at all time.
• Neighborhood quiet hours are strictly enforced from 9PM-8AM
• No Smoking Policy - All properties are non-smoking or vaping. Violation of the no smoking policy will result in a damage liability of up to $2,500 for any discovered damage to furniture or any odors.
• No pets allowed, unless otherwise stated in the listing. If any sign of any pet is discovered Guest authorizes O’Neal Vacation Rentals to charge the guest an additional minimum $500 cleaning fee.
• Be mindful of street parking restrictions
• Parties / events, lack of decorum and disruptive noise will not be tolerated; If the neighbors are disturbed, O’Neal Vacation Rentals reserves the right to ask the tenant to vacate the premises with no refund.
• Guests must maintain all property and furnishings in good order and in the location it was found upon arrival. If OVR must move furniture back to its origional place after checkout, guest are subject to moving charges as a result.
• Guests may only use appliances for their intended use
• Guests, other than those in the party provided, may not stay overnight in the property. All guests are the sole responsibility of the renter.
• Guests are not allowed to exceed the agreed upon occupancy limit.
· Prohibition on illegal behavior including an explicit prohibition of ANY fireworks.
• Guests are responsible for doing a house walkthrough and reporting any damage upon entering the home.
• All trash must be taken out and placed in trash bins.
• All dishes must be placed in the dishwasher and started upon departure.
• For homes with A/C, the A/C thermostat may not be lowered under 65 degrees Fahrenheit. (They may freeze drip moisture when they defrost).
• Check-in time is 4:00PM. Check-out time is 11:00AM. There are no late checkout options available. Please note that these times are strictly enforced, and that arriving before 4pm or checking out after 11am without prior approval is against our policies. Failure to abide to these requested check-in and check-out times will result in a $50 fine for every 30 minute violation before or after the times provided.
• A major credit card (Visa or MasterCard) is required to hold a reservation and may be charged to pay for incidental charges and other fees incurred during your stay (unless you are booking on Airbnb in which we will use Airbnb’s platform to charge for incidentals). The name on the credit card must be the name of the primary guest on the reservation and a picture ID will be required along with the signed rental agreement. If any costs or damages, including but not limited to: Damage to the property or its contents, extra cleaning fees, unauthorized pool heat, or unauthorized pets, are discovered during or within a reasonable amount of time after your stay, your credit card on file will be charged for said amounts (or Airbnb’s platform will be used to process the additional amount). No charges will be processed without prior written notice.
• Security Deposit / Additional Costs – There are no deposits collected in advance of your reservation. In the event of any incidentals its within the sole discretion of O’Neal Vacation Rentals to pay for the restoration of the property to its original move-in conditions (outside of other normal wear and tear) with the card held on file. Additional costs include but are not limited to: cleaning beyond normal wear and tear, removing excessive garbage, Moving furniture back to its original position, repairing or replacing any part of the premises, its contents, common areas and recreational facilities for damage caused after your move-in.
• NO REFUNDS OR RENT REDUCTIONS WILL BE MADE DUE TO MECHANICAL FAILURES OR MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS OF UTILITIES, MAINTENANCE PROBLEMS OR CONSTRUCTION IN THE AREA. WHILE O’NEAL VACATION RENTALS WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO REPAIR ANY MAINTENANCE ISSUE IN A TIMELY MANNER, IT CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE ISSUE WILL BE FIXED DURING A GUEST STAY, AS THE COMPANY MAY HAVE TO GO THROUGH HOME WARRANTIES. O’Neal Vacation Rentals will always look for alternative solutions to ensure and prioritize guest comfort. Cancellations & Refunds will follow the Cancellation Policy on the platform you are booking on. O’Neal Vacation Rentals reserves the right to change reservation accommodations or refund the full balance should a specific property become unavailable due to circumstances beyond its control.
• Good Neighbor Policy - You agree to abide by all rules and regulations set forth by local ordinances, which includes a "Good Neighbor Policy". You are advised to keep in mind that vacation rental properties are located in quiet, private neighborhoods. Please respect our neighbors. Anyone found to be violating noise ordinances will be subject to an initial $500 fine followed by a possible eviction in egregious circumstances. Guests will not be given any refund for issues related to noise ordinance violations. Possible violations include, but are not limited to, limiting sound amplification outdoors, over occupying parking areas, over occupying rental property, and failing to follow your agreement with the Management Company. Quiet hours are strictly enforced between 9:00PM-8:00AM and no outdoor music or noise is permitted during those times. Parking is not permitted on the streets at any time. There are no parties allowed at this property.
• Property Inspection - An inspection of the vacation rental property will take place 24 hours in advance of your arrival. If there are any concerns with the property, please notify Management immediately to ensure that such issues may be remedied in a timely manner. The property will be subject to inspection upon reasonable notice to guest, which includes knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell before entry in the event that noise complaints are issued. The guest understands that this may occur anytime during the guest's stay if there is noise or reasonable suspicion of a party or any other violation of the house neighborhood rules or city ordinance.
• Occupancy Limits Our rental rates are based upon a maximum of two persons per bedroom. Children are counted in total occupancy, unless they are under the age of two years old. Guests who violate the occupancy limits (i.e., having more than two persons per bedroom) are in serious violation and breach of these Terms & Conditions, and O’Neal Vacation Rentals reserves the right to deny access or to require all guests to vacate the premises. No refund of monies will be issued due to violation of the house rules, noise ordinances, or occupancy limits.
• Private Pool – For properties with pools, they may be chemically serviced and cleaned regularly. Pool heat must be turned on in advance of your check-in and can take 24-48 hours to heat to the max temperature. We cannot guarantee temperatures and no refunds will be given for pools not reaching maximum temperatures. Please inquire about pricing for pool heat and we will be happy to assist. Tampering with the thermostat to increase the temperature will result in an additional charge and will be deducted from the security deposit. Please note that pools cannot be cooled to a lower temperature. The pool has been properly cleaned in advance of your arrival. However, we sometimes experience winds in the desert that can cause debris from Palm Trees and other materials to fall into the pool. Please advise the office if your pool is not clean, and we will make every effort to contact a pool cleaner, but please understand that WE CANNOT GUARANTEE that the pool person will be able to return to the property. In the event of any damages caused by tampering, the guest shall be responsible for the cost of said damages.
• Private Hot Tub – For properties with Hot Tubs, they may be chemically serviced and cleaned regularly. Please advise OVR if your Hot Tub is not clean or is experiencing mechanical issues, and we will make every effort to contact a cleaner or service technician, but please understand that WE CANNOT GUARANTEE that these people will be able to return to the property. In the event of any damages caused by tampering, the guest shall be responsible for the cost of said damages.
• Obligation to Follow Rules + Surveillance – The entire property is monitored by video electronic surveillance on the exterior of the house for guest security and to ensure that the rules of the community are respected. Guest acknowledges that this Property is under 24-hour exterior surveillance and security monitoring and patrols. Properties may include noise alert monitoring systems in order to ensure that neighborhood noise levels are respected. There is no electronic video surveillance monitoring the interior of the house. Absolutely no illegal activity allowed.
• No Event/Party Policy - No gatherings, loud celebrations, parties or other private events (collectively "events") are to be held at the vacation rental property during your occupancy. Holding an event is considered an abuse and breach of these Terms and Conditions and is cause for immediate termination of occupancy. Upon any infraction of rules, O’Neal Vacation Rentals may, at its sole option, terminate all agreements with you, including termination of occupancy immediately. In this event, you will forfeit all monies, including security deposits. Only those guests listed on the attached guest list to this rental agreement may occupy the property during the reservation periods.
• No Replacement Property Guarantee - While every reasonable attempt will be made to accommodate you, if the vacation rental property selected by you does not meet your approval, O’Neal Vacation Rentals cannot guarantee that another vacation property will be made available to move you once you have reserved a specific vacation rental property.
• No Hold Over Policy – O’Neal Vacation Rentals attempts to ensure that all of our properties are fully booked and reserved for the owners of the vacation rental properties. Unfortunately, we cannot permit you to remain on the vacation rental property beyond the date and time of checkout that you have previously agreed to during your reservation and confirmed by email, unless you have made a prior written agreement. If you hold over or remain on the vacation rental property beyond the time and date of checkout, you agree and consent to be removed from the premises and locked out of the vacation rental property by O’Neal Vacation Rentals, its representatives, and/or law enforcement. You further consent to permit O’Neal Vacation Rentals to remove your personal belongings to a location of the Manager's choice, where you may retrieve them.
• Vacation Rental (Not a Lease) - This is a vacation rental agreement for temporary vacation stay at a managed vacation rental property. THIS AGREEMENT IS NOT A LEASE AND CONVEYS NO RIGHTS IN REAL PROPERTY. By agreeing to the Terms & Conditions, you stipulate and agree that you have not and will not receive a real property interest in or rights to the vacation rental property. Liability and Obligation to Follow Rules By agreeing below, you understand that O’Neal Vacation Rentals is only responsible for reservations, house cleaning, and check out. By agreeing to the Terms & Conditions below, you waive, discharge and agree to hold harmless O’Neal Vacation Rentals and the real property owner from all damages or injuries arising from or related to your stay at the managed property, including but not limited to, any accidents or injury to yourself, your guests and associates, and loss of money, jewelry or valuables of any kind. You are responsible for keeping your valuables safe at all times. Guests agree to follow any and all House Rules provided to them by the Property Manager, as well as any and all rules of the Homeowners Association where the property is located, and any and all City or County ordinances in the area where the property is located. The guest will be held responsible for violation of any of these rules and hereby agrees to strictly abide by any and all rules thereof. The guest acknowledges that there may be periodic patrols and security monitoring to ensure that rules are followed.
• Host Cancellation of Reservation - If the property which is the subject of this agreement becomes unavailable for any reason, a suitable substitute property shall be found, or all monies returned in full to the guest, with no further liability opposed upon Management or the property owner. O’Neal Vacation Rentals will not be in breach of the terms of this agreement if the cancellation is beyond reasonable control including but not limited to a change in ownership of the property, a damage or malfunction of equipment, disturbances on nearby properties, construction in or adjacent to the property, labor disputes, governmental regulations or controls, fire or other casualties, holdover tenants from a previous rental, inability to obtain materials or services, technical failure or difficulties, problems or interruptions with the internet or television, computer viruses, acts of god, insurrections, terrorism, or any other cause.
• Property Unavailable Disclosure - If, after this reservation is completed, and correspondence or discussions with the guest disclose a change in circumstances involving the reservation of this property, O’Neal Vacation Rentals, has the right to refuse a reservation to the guest if the reservation is not conducive to the welfare of the property. Such circumstances include but are not limited to an event or party planned during the guest's occupancy of the property, violations of the occupancy limits, rules regarding pets, age limitations or the purpose of the rental. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of circumstances which may cause a cancellation of reservation. If the reservation is cancelled pursuant to this section, O’Neal Vacation Rentals will return all monies deposited to the guest.
• Miscellaneous - Any and all legal matters arising out of this agreement shall be adjudicated in the city in which you are renting. Should any provision contained in any agreement between O’Neal Vacation Rentals or the Property Owner and you be held to be invalid, illegal or enforceable by a court or other judicial tribunal of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of the agreement will be in full force and effect. You agree that any such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision will be replaced with a valid, legal and enforceable provision that most closely accomplishes the former provisions' economic effect. You agree that facsimile signatures shall have the same authority as original signatures and this agreement may be signed in any number of ways.
• LOST & FOUND - Please note that all shipping is at the traveler's expense. There is a minimum $25 shipping cost. We are not liable for any lost items. Our team will do our best to locate your lost items after check-out. We do not allow any mail deliveries or packages during your stay.
By booking this house ALL GUESTS hereby acknowledge and agree to follow all house rules, neighborhood rules and city laws and ordinances.